At Daft Media Ltd. (“Daft”, “We” or “Us”) we believe in providing the best possible service to our users and advertisers. With our House Rules for Advertisers, we aim to create a safe, fair and enjoyable environment for all users of daft.ie, rent.ie, let.ie and/or property.ie (“the Sites”) by outlining the minimum property advertisement standards that need to be adhered to and providing you with the most effective tool for finding a property. As a user or advertiser, you are responsible for reviewing and understanding Daft's policies, as well as all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in the Site's Terms and Conditions. By accessing or using the Sites, you agree to be bound by the Sites’ Terms and Conditions. By advertising on the Sites, you agree to be bound by the House Rules for Advertisers.
Breaches of these property advertisement standards may result in a range of actions, including:
- Removal of property listings
- Suspension of access to your account
- In the case of criminal activity such as fraud, and upon receipt of a valid request in accordance with applicable data protection laws, we will pass on all relevant account and/or member details to the relevant authorities for informal and /or formal investigation purposes e.g. Gardai
- We reserve the right to edit or delete ads from our site at any time and without prior notice
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any advertising or other information that you submit, post, and/or display on the Sites. You agree not to post advertising or other information contrary to these House Rules or any applicable law.
Property Listing Legal Requirements
- Discrimination in advertising is not permitted and all advertising must comply with all applicable laws as regards property listings and/or accommodation advertising (including, but not limited to, the requirement to include a BER rating in the property advertisement where applicable).
- As of January 1, 2016, the Equality (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2015 introduced “housing assistance” as a new ground of discrimination in relation to accommodation. This means that people in receipt of housing assistance, rent supplement or other social welfare payments can no longer be discriminated against in relation to the provision of accommodation. Under this legislation, a landlord cannot discriminate against a person in receipt of rent supplement, housing assistance or any payment under the Social Welfare Acts. Property descriptions should not contain exclusionary language such as ‘rent supplement not accepted’, ‘professionals only’ or ‘rent allowance not allowed’. These examples of discriminatory language are not exhaustive.
- You must have a separate Daft account for each of your office locations. The listings for each office cannot be merged under one account.
- Listings on the Sites are not to be used to advertise or promote anything other than property.
- Only current and available properties are to be advertised in the general listings and all details on these properties are to be updated by the advertiser.
- Each property can only be advertised once on the Sites, duplicates are automatically deleted.
- Only one advert may be placed to display a development and units (if applicable). A Basic New Homes listing auto-populates your development and child units to the "New Homes" section only - any duplicate posted to the Sales section will be automatically deleted. A Featured and Premium New Homes listing auto-populates your development and child units to the "New Homes" and "For Sale" section.
- Effective 1st January 2021, all Basic New Homes listings are free for 60 days and then charged thereafter.
- You must add the following properties as a Daft MUR ad listing: Developments with more than 1 unit that are in the same scheme (whether a housing estate or apartment block) and are all rented by the same entity/company/developer/student provider or advertised by the same estate agent.
- You must input an Eircode for all sales and rental listings.
Property Listings Presentation
- Sale properties are listed on the Sites in chronological order based on the date the ad was originally posted. Renewing an ad does not move it up the listings; it simply maintains it on the Sites.
- In the “Sharing” and “Letting” sections, renewing an ad moves it to the top of the listings. Renewing an ad is allowed once per 24 hour period.
- In the “Sharing” section of the site, you are not permitted to place a new copy of your ad on a frequent basis. Instead, you should renew your existing advert.
- It is your own responsibility to renew your advert within the required timeframe. Failure to renew your advert will result in it being paused in your account. After a period of no more than 30 days, the paused advert will be archived.
- Upgrades to adverts will be charged at the advertised price. No credit will be given on existing standard ads when choosing an upgrade.
- Ads can be paused in your account for up to 30 days (this will be less if there are less than 30 days remaining on the life of your ad) after which time they are automatically archived by the system. Once archived, payment is required to restore the ad to the Sites again. Credit cannot be given for any time that has not been used on the original ad.
- Ads may appear as pending in your account before becoming active on the Sites as they wait for system approval. Ads placed outside of office hours may not be approved until our offices re-open.
- Pausing your ad does not extend the lifespan of your ad and the calendar will continue to run for any time that the ad is paused.
- Deactivating and reactivating ads within other sections in a bid to move them to the top does not work and is not allowed. Deactivating ads and re-listing them as new properties is strictly prohibited.
Property Listings Definition
- All properties must be advertised within the correct section of the Sites (i.e. sales, commercial, overseas, lettings, sharing, short-term lettings, holiday homes, etc).
- B&B’s, hostels and similar accommodation should be entered in the “Holiday Homes” letting section, not the “Sharing” section.
- New developments cannot be advertised within a private account and must be advertised within a Developer account. Please contact email@example.com in order to set up this type of account.
- All properties advertised in the “Sharing” section should have at least one existing resident.
- Ads placed in the “Lettings” and “Short-term lettings” section must be fully vacant at time of advertisement or specify the date at which the property advertised will be fully vacated and ready to move in (move-in date).
- Only one property per ad, and one ad per property.
- If you are advertising more than one property with us, you may be required to open a professional account with us.
- No property should be advertised without the consent of the owner.
- For the purposes of clarification, the person or business entity advertising the property to let, should exclusively either own the property advertised and therefore be solely authorised to let it out to a 3rd party OR be solely legally authorised to let that property out on behalf of the property owner.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you must not advertise a property that you are not properly authorised to market or that is not freely available for sale or let.
- In the event that the property sale has completed or is tenanted, you will ensure the removal of the property from the Sites. For estate agencies, lettings properties may remain with the following property status for a period of time no longer than 6 weeks: Let Agreed.
- Purpose built Student Accommodation Complexes cannot be advertised within a private account and must be advertised under an Agent account within the PRS section. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to set up this type of account.
Property Listing Advertised Price
- Residential lettings ads must have a valid rental price.
- In the “Sharing” section, the price shown must be per room, not per person.
- Ads placed in the “Lettings” and “Short-term lettings” section must have the price advertised for the full property and not per room.
- Our database automatically processes advertised price increases and/or decreases for all listed properties. We are unable to remove this indicator from your advert.
Property Listing Images
- Photos uploaded for each property must be of the property and/or land in question. Using generic photos and copying images from other listings without first obtaining permission to do so is not permitted.
- You must have the necessary copyright to use the photos associated to the property advertised.
- Uploading a logo to your ad is strictly prohibited. Text is also not allowed on the image. If you like, you can include a caption with the photo, but text is not allowed on the photo itself. We reserve the right to remove any images in breach of this rule without prior notice.
Property Listing Description
- All ads should be advertised in English as the primary language.
- The description of the property must be accurate and withstand a fair and objective interrogation of the property features and facilities outlined in the property description.
- Copying the description from another ad is not permitted.
- The address of a property must be correct. Misrepresenting the location of a property is not permitted.
- Any additional descriptive wording in the address field of the property listing, including but not limited to, "Reduction", "Stunning", "Bargain", etc. is not allowed - this can be placed in the description field.
- Email addresses and links are not to be included in the property description without first obtaining permission to do so. A reply button is provided. This is to protect advertisers from spamming.
- Writing terms such as "agreed", "under contract" or "under offer" in the description is not allowed.
Property Listing Advertisement Other Important Requirements
- Discrimination in any form and use of abusive of profane language is not allowed. You warrant that You will not without Daft's written permission directly or indirectly, sell on or provide access to the services and features of the Sites obtained through membership of the Sites to third parties.
- Replying to private advertisers in order to offer services constitutes spamming and is strictly prohibited.
- Private users are prohibited from displaying the Daft.ie logo on property sign boards. However, it is possible to feature our website address www.Daft.ie
- Applicable to Business (agent) accounts only - as of 1st January 2021, we no longer accept payments by Credit Card. Payment options are Direct debit, bank transfer, or cheque. A monthly manual charge of €35 will be applied to customers paying by bank transfer or cheque.
- Payments that are still outstanding 14 days after invoice terms, will result in account suspension.
- You must give 30 days’ notice if you wish to terminate your Direct Debit payments. Cancellation without notice will lead to account suspension where payment for the 30 days will be required.
- You must give 30 days’ notice if you wish to cancel your Daft account. At the time of cancellation all properties will be removed from the Daft website and you will be unable to advertise these listings as a private advertiser. Any outstanding payments must be cleared.
The content you post on the Sites
You are solely responsible for your conduct and any advertising or other information that you submit, post, and/or display on the Sites. You agree not to post advertising or other information contrary to these House Rules, the Terms and Conditions or any applicable law.
Due to the real-time nature of the Sites, Daft cannot and is not required to review the contents of advertising or other information posted to the Sites, nor does it confirm the validity of information submitted. Daft hereby notifies you that it does not actively monitor advertising or other material posted by users and, as such, is not responsible for and gives no warranty or representation in relation to advertising and other information posted to the Sites.
Whilst we do not monitor advertising or other information posted by advertisers, we reserve the right to take down advertisements or other information that comes to our attention via a complaint, a “report ad” notification or otherwise. Advertisers who repeatedly flout these House Rules for Advertisers and/or our Terms and Conditions will be barred from advertising on the Sites. This operates on a "three-strikes-and-you're-out" basis. If we have to remove advertisements or other information posted by you on three occasions, you will be blacklisted. You will not necessarily be notified when advertisements or other information are removed. Daft will not enter into any correspondence with or about users who have been blacklisted.
Daft reserves the right to immediately ban a user if there has been a serious breach of the House Rules for Advertisers and/or the Terms and Conditions. All decisions in relation to these matters are carried out at the sole discretion of Daft.
In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, Daft reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information it knows about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any advertisement or other information posted by you.
We may, but are not obliged to, remove or limit access to advertisements or other information from any advertiser which breaches these House Rules for Advertisers or the Terms and Conditions.
You own the advertisements and other information you post on the Sites and Daft does not claim ownership of them. However, you grant Daft permission to be able to display these advertisements or other information and in some cases to modify it for best display - for different browsers, for our mobile site, and so on.
Consequently, by posting any advertisements or other information on or through the Sites, you grant Daft a licence to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such material whether on the Sites, any other site or otherwise. The licence you grant to Daft is non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, sub- licensable, and worldwide. The licence applies only to use of the advertisements or other information for the purpose of providing the Daft service. You also waive to the fullest extent permissible by law any moral rights in such advertisements or other information. You are responsible for making sure that you have all rights to what you post, including rights necessary for you to grant the licence above.
By posting any advertisements or other information on the Sites you represent and warrant that (i) you own the advertisements or other information posted by you or otherwise have the right to grant the licence above, and (ii) the posting of the advertisements or other information does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, confidentiality, contract rights or any other rights of any person, company or entity. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, or any other monies owing to any person by reason of any advertisements or other information posted by you to or through the Sites.
The telephone number listed on your advert must be correct, and you must have the permission of the owner of the number to display it on your advert. It is the responsibility of the account holder to ensure that these details are correct. Any incorrect telephone numbers or telephone numbers reported as being incorrect may be removed from the Sites without further notice.
From time to time we may use advertisers' advertisements or other information for the purpose of advertising or marketing the Sites.